Tuesday 26 July 2016

Sunshine !

No, I'm not writing about that huge ball of fire in the day sky...
My theme on Sunday was Sun/Summer/Living Hope.
This morning I was ruminating over whether the use of the metaphor of the SUN was either daft or a mistake.
I try to make time each morning to listen to "Pray as you go.com" which is really a downloadable quiet time, or short daily devotional to the Lord. Some days I prefer to listen to the word of God than read the Bible because I guess I get weary when the Bible is my work tool as well as one of my deep links with God through the Holy Spirit.
Anyway..... today's passage read out was Matthew Chapter 13 vs 36-43. It's about Jesus explaining to his disciples in the serenity of  someone's home...and at the end He says when all evil and evil doing and evildoers are removed from the planet, "the righteous will SHINE LIKE THE SUN in their Father's kingdom!"
I was so grateful to receive reassurance from the Lord that however bitty or mixed up or unclear my service on Sunday may have been, He will make it plain to "those who have ears."
Feel so blessed and tearful actually that my Lord should speak to me..going into Glasgow today to collect some currency so I will ruminate on that image of the SUN some more, and be thankful to the SON !

No comments:

Post a Comment