Wednesday 20 July 2016

The Sound of Music !

Yes, friends, The Sound of Music is where that famous quote comes from, that I use too often ! ( I have sinned Reverend Mother) Spoken by Maria after she has fallen for Captain Von Trapp and he, apparently for her. And she comes running back to the safety of the Convent because she can't handle her feelings. So, in my opinion, she hasn't sinned at all, since emotions and sexual feelings come from God The Creator, who made us and it was good.
Back to yesterday. I got on the train home, and found myself sat or sitting next to a beautiful woman, a Mum, originally from The Gambia.  She told me she had left the Muslim faith behind and was now a Christian. I listened  with  deepening respect as she told me she had three jobs- hairdresser, chef, and cleaner. She also seemed so hard working and ambitious, rightly so- that she could bring up her two children alone, her husband having left her.
I hope and pray she is able to keep working, and finds a nice flat in an area she feels safe, so that life keeps improving for her and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment