Tuesday 16 August 2016

Well hello again from sunny Scotland!
Just returned from a two week holiday with the "Medievales"...
What, I hear you cry, are they/it?
South of France villages  were often  date back to medieval times- thus timbered houses, old castles and fortresses as in  the town of Foix with greeny grey chalky running rivieres and medieval bridges. My husband and I witnessed a defilement ( which means procession/ a filing past) of odd looking folks dressed in medieval costumes before they partook of a medieval 7 course meal at a l-o-n-g communal table.
It was a sight to see, especially colourful in a family maroony/mustardy/ leafy green kind of a peasant way! Funny seeing medieval people in long dresses, curly toed shoes OR " what the heck!" high heeled shoes and glasses.( another spectacle!?)
A good time was had by all, and on our return the house had been untidily kept by daughter No 1 but she was safe, and that was the main thing.. A funeral has come in, so waiting for details. I had done some prep for Sunday service before I travelled, so just to finish off and get my hair done today ( whoopee!)
More anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment