Sunday 24 July 2016

Bamboozled by the heat!

It's been so humid lately that the church was like a sauna this morning. I had my jacket off for the majority of the service. If you are of a (Christian) nervous disposition, look away now !
I was so bamboozled by the heat and perspiring a la sauna that I told the organist we were not doing the last hymn, and then asked the audience ( I mean congregation) if they would still like to sing the two hymns about hope,on the Order of Service with the reflection in between !!! A gentleman said "yes" so as you were, ladies and men folks and children. "All my hope on God is founded in CH4 ( 4th edition of Church of Scotland Hymnary), a short reflective prayer about summer, and the final hymn from Mission Praise- "My hope is built on nothing less."
Someone asked if I'd had a hot flush, and at the door someone else said that I needed a holiday...I agreed!?
So.... bits and pieces of prep this week,so I don't have to do everything when I get back. Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment