Thursday 21 July 2016

An I.T with a DG !

I met yesterday with an I.T. For those who don't know this ecclesiastical language. An I.T is not an internet expert ( although he or she might be !) An I.T stands for Interim Moderator- some one usually a Rev but sometimes a Deac, who oversees a congregation when their minister has left. The I.T. does many things- usually on top of looking after their own congregation at the same time, so double work load. The I.T. volunteers ( or hand up the back maybe???) after being asked by the Presbytery Clerk, in this case, Glasgow PC.
I'm boring you...moving swiftly on...I agreed to be the next locum for a north east of Glasgow charge
( church) after I finish at Eastwood in the central south Glasgow at end of August. So..............................
that's why I was meeting the I.T in a well known international chain of coffee shops .....and tomorrow I meet with the new incumbent At Eastwood......incumbent is not, contrary to public opinione, someone lying ona lounge sofa, he/she will be the next minister of a charge/church.....easy for some to say...see you tmors. Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment