Wednesday 24 August 2016

 Here's an odd combination....a last letter to Eastwood church and a first letter to St Enoch's on the same day! Wonder if the Apostle Paul ever did that for the early churches, to be sped away secretly  and by hand instead of emails and blogs!
PS Wee riddle for you. What have I written to both churches???? Comments please.

 Crossbeam Mag Article 
The French have two words for “Goodbye.  There’s “Adieu” meaning “Farewell” and “Au Revoir” which literally translates as “To the seeing again.” With all of you in Eastwood, it is most definitely my wish to say the second goodbye. It will be lovely to see any of you if you are down Hamilton way! It’s been such a joy to minister to so many lovely folks, whom I shall miss.
I start at St Enoch’s Hogganfield in Riddrie with the Sunday Service on September 4th, so I value your prayers as I settle in. And of course, in true Olympic tradition, I hand over the baton of spiritual care to Rev Jim Teasdale. Welcome Sir!     
I close in typical “Dot” fashion, saying “Wasn’t it great to see Doris Day in “Calamity Jane” again last weekend? Joy of joys!   If you want to keep singing along with me then tune in to Elaine Paige’s Radio 2 Musical Programme every Sunday @ 1pm. Yes, that is what I used to do to unwind after every Sunday Morning Service. Not a lot of people know that !!
                        Always With Christian Greetings
                                                                             Dot 

                     

 Hi Everyone! 
                    My name is Dot Getliffe, and I’ve been a Deacon and mature student, since 2002, when one of my daughters , aged 10, said to me ( as I left for Glasgow Uni, having been an “at home” Mum with both daughters for ten years) “Mum, you’re going to have to stop all this galavanting to Glasgow!”  Ahem !
Needless to say, I’m now, by the grace of God, a B.A. B.D. Dip Ed but most importantly DCS. You may know Catherine Wallace DCS who was with you for a year when Graham (Blount) was Church and Society Council Convener at “121.”
                    My husband of 25 odd years ( yes they have been a bit odd) works as a Railway Signalman for Network Rail down in Barrhead ( colloquially.. Baw heid).
                    I look forward to meeting all of you in due time on Sundays and during the week for pastoral visits. My hobbies, by the way, include badminton, cooking, theatre visits, especially Musicals. Wasn’t it great to see Doris Day in “Calamity Jane” again last weekend? Joy of joys!   
                         With Christian Greetings
                                                                  Dot  

No comments:

Post a Comment