Thursday 25 August 2016

Do Not be anxious!

I woke up this morning , very worried about someone I am close to.
I woke up early, which is very unlike me.
 It's usually my poor husband, whose body clock is all over the place due to changing shifts all his working life. So I went to the spare room at "blah" o'clock and realised my brain and heart were fear-penetrated and I would not get back to sleep unless I prayed. The silence was awful, so I went downstairs and brought up my ipod to listen to. This lifesaver has some Christian Music on it but is a good melange of  a liquorice allsorts of music, such is my taste! ( If interested, am writing  a sort of Biog which will have a Music Chapter in it) So.........ipod.....
1) It was mostly uplifting spiritual songs which I cried and worshipped to, pouring out my fears to God, and managing ( by faith) to praise Him that He was looking after my loved one.
2) The cat ( who belongs to one of my daughters) climbed onto my shoulder, did a "bum" turn and deposited herself on my lonesome body and started purring!
3) I got off to sleep again
4) Half past nine, my Presbytery Pastoral Advisor phoned the land line so I was able to "offload" to her
5) Remembered I was meeting a friend in the centre of town this morning, so another person I could choose to share my concern with.

Such is the grace of God in my weakness

So----- we will all keep being  anxious over something, or more crucially, someONE. It goes with the territory of loving. Don't be afraid of it, but DO pour out your heart to God and at least one other in your support system. You should find relief and release...until the next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment