Monday 29 August 2016

Well well, Monday morning- the day after THE DAY before, when I said goodbye officially to Eastwood Parish Church...a giant thank-you card, smaller cards and presents, and a most generous cheque.
We had a laugh as little things went pear shaped but that's me! I cannot stand formal, stiff behaviour of any kind, and  " everything must be perfect in the Worship Service" mentality. God oversees and sustains an imperfect world, so why must we try to perfect  and often pretend everything is "swell" in our Sunday collective worship??? End of sermon...
Several folks took part - either in an introduction to a hymn, or playing for a hymn.
I loved it when only the youngster I had "primed" spoke about what he remembered and enjoyed most about my Childrens Talks....19 months summed up by a shake of the head ( or maybe just shyness...ha! ha!)
My husband was there and despite HIS shyness, he came up to support me as a few tears slipped out when the Session Clerk wished me well etc. The lunch afterwards was lovely, though I hardly ate an egg sandwich due to going round all the tables to say "Cheerio." Thankfully I had a personal pressie to help me find words to say- it was a compilation of black and white photos tastefully and artfully crafted into a photo frame of my first wedding couple whom I married at Eastwood Dec 19th 2015, and they are still coming to church...that's the best bit!! Also that I leave with another possible three regular folks considering joining the church, so the new minister will have that joy !

No comments:

Post a Comment