Saturday 20 August 2016

City , Country or Town?

Hope you like the purple- keep wringing ( ringing?) the changes to stay young !
Have been thinking whether I prefer living in the city, country or town. One psychologist during my assessment  for the Diaconate, 10 or so years ago, said I was a well rounded person and very suitable for ministry- BECAUSE I'd had such a varied upbringing in Buckie, Montrose, east end of Glasgow, village of Sorbie then Newton Stewart. 
Today I work in Glasgow south soon to move job to Glasgow north east. I like working in Glasgow but am glad I live in a town, and even gladder to go on holiday in the countryside- preferable near water or mountain or both! I guess this is a balance. One of my "besties" ( favourite friends) recently moved from Glasgow's west end to a remote part of the Western Highlands and still feels she is "on holiday but will wake up soon."
If  David and I are "spared, as my Grandpa used to say....( nearly typed spayed...altogether different!! )"
Re: retiral, our dream would be to live and work in the North East of Scotland- he as a signalman in one of the remaining manual boxes, me doing locum ministry or Interim Ministry between 2 or 3 country Parishes. 
THEN I would appreciate coming back to Glasgow to see Besties ( those who know me best and longest)
as often as possible and shop.
Today, Saturday, I DID NOT enjoy going into Glasgow Central Station to drop off something to older daughter who works in Boots there. Is it me, or are crowds becoming a nuisance, when you want to get somewhere fast- especially when you work all week with people and have a spiritual obligation to interact with them...Saturdays/days off I just wanna be anony mouse.....Byeeeee












Remember ! You can comment on anything I blog...makes it more interesting......Dot 

No comments:

Post a Comment