Wednesday 7 June 2017

Sunshine and Showers !!

It's been a strange week or two- not just in weather terms, but nationally and politically too, We must not forget the murders of  British and European folks in the Manchester and London attacks by religious extremists.
The only sunshine I can find after those events is that once again, people came together to mourn, and to lay flowers ( quite moving to see them in George Square Glasgow, as I crossed to get local train back to Hamilton)
How extraordinary that such atrocious evil happenings here, should bring out the Rainbow of Hope that is God's comfort through the lightings of candles, visiting bedsides, and showing many kindnessess in little and big ways.
Like Band Aid of the 80's, popstars loudly proclaimed peace. generosity and solidarity,with the sufferings of the world. Maybe it puts the church to shame/OR will spur us on to be bolder in our demonstrations of love !
Speaking of rainbows, I had an interesting chat with T and N who served me my "chippy" (child's portion my blogspotting friend who is a Weight Watchers Rep) !?) So T told me in broad Aberdonian why she doesn't believe in God..
."If I want near your cherch I'd fry and sizzle jis like moi chips here !?" She then told me how her daughter had had a baby boy still-born, and showed me her tattoo with his name on it imprinted on her arm. As my dinner cooked, she continued speaking about how her daughter was now having IVF treatment  and was now  4 weeks  pregnant with her "rainbow baby."
How wonderful that she hadn't a clue that the symbol of  coloured-spectrum-light-show was God
given  after the catastrophe of the Flood in Noah's time!
Showers and Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment