Saturday 15 October 2016

Sat Oct 15th

Woke up feeling a bit tearful...not usual for me. Think it may have something to do with the  flu jab I had  two days ago. It's said you can get flu symptoms of up to 72 hrs afterwards. Might be more complex when you are a "woman of a certain age"....soon to be another  half year (B)OLDER ( as Helen Mirren says!)
Anyway, to help cheer myself up, I asked hubbie and  daughter to give me a long hug! Makes a difference...hug your loved ones!
That helped, tho it made me even more teary-     SO I went out for a walk in the drizzle after listening to God on "pray as you go". Got to my fave coffee shop ( Bean and Berry in Bothwell Rd), counted my blessings
 ( after counting my change at self service check out for sunflower margarine) Enjoyed a decaf coffee, glass of water, and the top of a lemon and poppy seed muffin. (You can't take the "I feel bad" feeling from an ex yo-yo dieter when she eats something "naughty but nice" but feeling better cos she only had the top bit !!??)
SO Have just had a wee nap after treating myself to an OK magazine,grazing the fab pics and reading about one of my favourite actresses, Susan Sarandon. Then I plan to keep being lifted up by God, as I shop online for Christmas, using as many vouchers/tokens for money off that I can! That should do the trick...then collect carry out main meal ( has to be a curry!) while making rice at home to save pennies.
 Hubbie on late shift, Daughter No 1 away for w/e, and Daughter No 2 returns about 7pm.
 Let's hope I've left her enough of that curry to watch with "Strictly" or "ma heid will be in ma hans" as my Mum would say.! Thanks you God that tomorrow is Sunday and I will be with Your people, Your Word and Spirit and singing Your praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment