Saturday 29 October 2016

Networking Saturday! ( couldn't think of a rhyme!)

Today I had to take public transport cos hubbie had the car. I heard a landed gentry type guy once say cruelly and rudely that  buses were " scumwagons."
I tend to think folks who go in big fancy cars with chaffeurs all the time everywhere, are missing out on life !
All of human life, interesting human life I met today.
A lady at a bus stop on Alexandra Parade was glad we had had a faith conversation since she was thinking about God at the moment anyway! She said she  hadn't forced her children to go to her Christian tradition because it was based on fear! I asked her what she meant and she outlined what I knew only vaguely from my Glasgow Uni days, that "there are so many sins that can trip us up." I shared how my Heavenly Father is a loving God ( yes to be feared in the sense of awe at His wonderful holiness), but that He sent Jesus to show what God was like and to bring us to God- something we could never earn. Were people in awe of Jesus? Yes!  Were they afraid of Him? No! God is not sin centred looking for ways to blame and shame us...He is all for us! ( though we do need transforming,,,,,,)
Second lady at  going home bus stop was a sight to behold- rather wild in her appearance I would say! She had a rich heritage of working in a church but ranted to me about how bad mankind was, especially to animals- poachers of ivory ( I agreed) and how in the 50's the world was a better place but now  that the population had risen so much, how doomed was the planet...I agreed too, but said how Jesus was coming back again to sort out right from wrong. She said, "do you really believe that?" She shook her weary head and wild hair......Hope we meet again!
In between departing and returning home, I enjoyed chatting to Sale of Workers who had and set up, baked, sold Christmas wrappings and cards and bric- a -brac for church funds...lovely atmosphere. met some family members of church folks, chatted some more, enjoyed a " guid plate o soup." "Ready, on your Marks, get Set, BAKE!" as they used to say on BBC's"Great British Bake Off."
Also met the local  central east SNP councillor at Sale of Work.
Home again by means of two "scum wagons"...bus AND train.
Some daft folks are missing out on a wonderful world of people....let them eat cake and keep themselves to themselves !!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment