Monday 4 September 2017

"You're going to have to watch yourself!" Monday Sept 4th 2017

"You're going to have to watch yourself!" is perhaps the most caring quip I have had since telling folks I am knackered after the move ! Arrived late last Thursday back to ABDN, aching all over but filled with thanksgiving to God for ordering our move of furniture into storage in Inverness. David took the cat up in his van, like Postman Pat.
So... Fri, Sat and Sun were 'down tools days' for me and daughter Dawn. Both she and her Dad started new jobs today...you couldn't write it, could you...the providence of God...wonderful.
Came back to office with quite a few emails to answer, and to sort out a rota muddle...
The lovely lady who coined that title phrase was responding to my recap of last few days. She's the convener of the Pastoral Care Grp in Mannofield Church....I call it a Task Group because they get things done and organised very efficiently and I love liaising with this lady, who is an inspiration.
Committees which meet and discuss and pen push to make them look as if they are effective, I have no time for, being honest. So in this new post, I am only partnering with the 3 grps where I feel I have something to offer, and where they are fired up for action....
Bye for now...yes, I AM going to have to watch myself....
Joke...was at a student lunch in another church in Aberdeen with older daughter yesterday, and the conversation got round to "Eggheads" and "Pointless" TV shows, both of which I have been on, so if you say to me again..."you are going to have to watch yourself" I say to you "Not again !!?"

No comments:

Post a Comment