Tuesday 26 September 2017

River Church flows....

On Sunday Sept 17th, I 'defected' and went up from Mannofield Church to River Church , which meets in nearby Airyhall Community Centre. I wanted to meet the pastor and see if our churches would be compatible to work together on Messy Church next year. I was delighted that, though small, this church is vibrant and alive and mission minded. The pastor told me that they had asked God to show them where there was a gap in Aberdeen, where no churches existed. He also asked God to give them favour in His eyes. They have laboured away for several years, and I believe the breakthrough has come! River did a two day Holiday Club in the summer so have valuable experience in reaching families...watch this space!

Went on Retreat for two days recently to the Black Isle, to a wee village called Kilmuir overlooking the Moray Firth.. beautiful views across the Firth, bird life galore, and inside in the warm, several Deacons learning to be still and listen to God with the aid of Scripture and poems. It was a gift, and a joy to be there. Just need to practice being still in the busyness of people and meetings. Looking forward to leading wee half hour Wed morning service tomorrow.

I feel I need wisdom  these days..one or two individuals needing pastoral care, and I am out of my depth. But God is faithful and will show me when to be silent and listen; when and what to speak.

Our house hunting in Inverness is progressing, but I'm getting weary of travelling the two hour train journey most Fridays.. showing photo ID or signing something...you know how it is!?
Patience and trust required!  Autumn is a time of letting go, as the leaves change colour to hues of gold, burgundy, and forest green.So, I shall allow myself to let go of one meeting this weekend, in order to be fresh for a busy Sunday service followed by an Elders Conference 11.30-2.30.
Blessings! Byee....

No comments:

Post a Comment