Saturday 12 August 2017

Up to my neck in the Ionian Sea!

Just back from the Greek island of Corfu. What a privilege it is, to be able to afford a holiday.
God reminded me while away, that everything we have ( or own) is a gift from Him. So, when I was moaning about not getting the value of the house we have sold in Hamilton, I was acting like a spoilt child. ( Sorry God) or worse, behaving like the world around us...where all there is is what they have or own, so they cling to their rights as limpets to a rock....back to the Ionian Sea...inky midnight navy blue at its deepest, then melding into azure turquoise clear green hues and as you reach the sandy shores, some grey green colours. Magnificent! We went by boat one day to the nearby island of Erikousa to sunbathe. Then I had the local delicacy of  fresh sardines. I will never forget the taste of my soggy bread as it soaked up the flavours of the Mediterranean...lemon, olive oil, herbs and fish.
Enough of my foodiness...here are two funnies..
Breakfast was continental in the hotel we stayed in. Every morning, the waiter, Christos, would ask if we wanted the small oval cup of protein with our toast...asking "boileg? boileg? wan? two?"
Another evening he caught me reading a book at the dining table, saying "wot you read? Dirty book?" I looked at the title and laughed as I told him it was a book about prayer "Fuelling the fire!"
I am now brown on arms and legs below the knees...thankful to God for the heat of the sun,and lashings of sun cream! Oh and it was SO nice to be able to wash through our clothes and hang them on the balcony of the hotel room, knowing they would be dry in a couple of hours... oh to do that in Scotland!?
By for now...next blog will be about the move....the furniture, the chats about what we keep what we ditch...aaargh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment