Friday 2 December 2016

A spiritualist, a good friend to D, and a Deacon's lunch

Someone called me out of the blue in trouble with negative thoughts. No wonder. Her background was spiritualism. We spoke on the phone.Praise God one of the staff at Faith Mission Bookshop was on hand when my spiritualist contact phoned again. The two Dorothys
( Dot to Dot?) spoke Scripture to her down the phone and prayed for God to break in. Continued prayer pls if you are reading this- that she  will keep reading John's Gospel and will come to faith..added bonus if she comes to church on Sunday in Riddrie.

A good friend of a gentleman who comes to the Art Class for silver haired folks in one of the church's downstair's rooms, told me that D had died, and asked if I would conduct his funeral, if possible in church. I would be privileged to do that. Watch this space.

Finally today was my first Annual Christmas dinner- with about 10 other deacons in Glasgow area- active and retired! A good time ( and a moan) was had by all- and the food was good- except for the rockhard pudding. I could have thrown it at a wall and it would have bounced....
I must I must learn to be grateful. I must I must I must learn learn to be be grateful. Byee!

No comments:

Post a Comment