Saturday 3 September 2016

Nightmare on W Street !

My Mum used to tell me that dreams go by opposites. I do hope so in this case!
Last night, this was my dream:
1) I stood up to do my Childrens talk, and couldn't find my bag with visual aids in it. ( Someone in the new congregation who was uber-tidy had plonked the bag under the stage ( !?) so I couldn't see it. Panic No 1
2) The Bible reader had not turned up so I decided just to do it myself. But my glasses were nowhere to be seen, and the bible I was given was falling apart, and the passage I wanted wasn't there !
3) Then I looked out before the sermon and there were only 2 people there, and just as I began, more people began to arrive- loads of families that I couldn't here myself speak. They all started chatting to each other round about me and drowned out the sermon.
4) Then the organist started playing music which also covered up my voice, till I gave up.
5) At coffee time everyone spoke to one another over the top of me, so I left ( it gets worse!?)

I was walking home ( having found my bag under the stage) but it was dark and raining and I had to climb up and down slippery hillocks till I came across groups of men on either side of a short tunnel with orange street lights shining through. I could see a way out but the blue t-shirt wearing lads wouldn't let me through on the left, and the green shirts just stared at me on the right. However I still made my way through them and the rain until I got through the dark tunnel, and woke up! Very vivid dream

I think it means I really care what impression I make on my new congregation tomorrow, and God would say to me...forget self, it's in My Hands. I use the weak to shame the strong, so be totally reliant on me.
My prayer has been that more children and families come to St E, so this is reflected in my dream.
Then the last bit is for me just to motor through my nerves and have courage to get on with it despite any perceived opposition, which may just be a figment of my imagination, like my dream!
Lord help me to forget it; take it from my mind. Replace it with happy memories that begin tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment