Wednesday 28 September 2016


Have left Shettleston New Church of Scotland now...sad wrench, but will catch up with these special folks before long, just wont have the same pastoral tie. Glad of the weekend to make the break and write some reflections. West Mearns is my only part-time Deacon's job for now, so I have headspace to give it my all.

This reminder on my Facebook page, made me realise how many different jobs I have had since my ordination as a Deacon. ... Development Co-Ordinator, Family Networker, now Locum minister.
 I guess some folks stay a long time in one job. I prefer the variety - keeps me from getting bored! Sadly we had to close down West Mearns Fresh Expression on Dec 31st 2014.

Last night's Glasgow Presbytery Mission Committee was stimulating. We are planning a Networking Event together in 2017 and were discussing where we could source practitioners from, who would deliver "how to" models of Mission which are going on.

Today, I have several phone calls to make, to set up pastoral visits tomorrow, need to look over my prep for Sunday, in the light of a very helpful comment from a colleague about how to encourage folks to listen instead of chat during the taking of the offering......Have a good day, ya all ( American accent required!?) 

No comments:

Post a Comment